- Breaking News
Regional jail agreement upheld by Frankfort judge
In a judgment filed Monday in Franklin Circuit Court in Frankfort, the agreement between Carter and Boyd counties to establish the Northeast Regional Jail Authority (NRJA) was upheld by Judge Phillip Shepherd.
His ruling said the agreement between the two counties is a valid exercise. A summary judgment was granted and claims by the two county jailers and the Kentucky Jailers Association (KJA) were dismissed.
LIVE UPDATES: 2 dead, 22 injured in Boston Marathon explosions
Get live updates on the explosions at the end of the Boston Marathon on Monday.
- KSP search for arson suspect
Olive Hill man arrested in 2011 murder case
A two-year murder investigation culminated Monday in the arrest of Kyle S. Holbrook, 20, of Olive Hill.
Holbrook was indicted the same day by an Elliott County grand jury in the April 2011 death of Paul Dillon (Nemo) Bryant, 19, also of Olive Hill.
- Fiscal Court approves budget, IGA
- Fiscal Court calls special meeting
- Special meeting of Olive Hill Council marked by tension, proposed shakeups
- Murder, DUI charges dropped against Offill
- Camacho to plead guilty
- Teen accident victim identified
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Regional jail agreement upheld by Frankfort judge